Sunday, December 20, 2020

Playing Catch-up w/Grassy Creek Mystery!

 It feels soooo good to be ALL caught up w/Grassy Creek Mystery!  Been so busy w/EVERYTHING Christmas, was beginning to think I'd need to wait until 'after' to get caught up!  But, lo & behold, a window of opportunity opened up and yours truly took it ;-)

Clue #4 - working backwards:

 

 Clue #4 - ALL caught up!
 
 
Clue #4 - assembly
 
I thoroughly enjoyed creating this clue, and I dearly LOVE this unit, so pretty how the colors play together!
 
Clue #3:



Clue #3 
 
I used a die for this and other clues:
 
AccuQuilt Go! Die made quick work of several of these clues!

 
This clue was a blast to create - the die helps make these units practically perfect...Yes!


Clue #3 - assembly

Clue #2:

Clue #2 - finished up, ready for those dog ears to be trimmed!

Hour glass units ARE not typically my fav to make but, when in a hurry, I tend to use Jodi Barrows' SNS/Square-In-A-Square method.  One of her latest SNS methods include Option #40, hour glass units!

 
I was skeptical BUT, this method is fast!

Strips cut, ready to sew Clue #2


Clue #2 - back, w/twist & shout center SPIN:

Clue #2 - twisting & shouting those center seams

And last but not least, Clue #1:

Clue #1

Bagged & tagged, ready and waiting...

Clue #1 - bagged & tagged!

 

Time to finish wrapping up those Christmas presents...

 

Later,

~Deb


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you for posting your catch up on the mystery quilt. I do not cut well and I only cut a "few" triangles using the special ruler and was disappointed when they measured poorly. Yesterday evening I saw your post and did a test today using my die. Woot they fit perfectly. I also enjoyed the hour glass tip, even though mine are finished I saved that video for the future. Thank you again, I am much happier now to be moving much faster to be ready for Saturdays clue. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris - just now saw your comment! Sorry, things on my end of the web have been a little wonky w/weather and intermittent internet - so glad some of these cutting ideas worked for you. Been meaning to post an 'update' to my Grassy Creek Mystery, life and a few other things to go with keep getting in the way...soon ;-) Were you able to finish yours?

      Hope you and yours had a Wonderful Christmas and a Happy New year...next is Easter!

      Enjoy and Thank YOU for your kind words,
      ~Deb

      Delete