Sunday, November 16, 2014

Quilting Bernice's wonderful Quilt of Valor

Been wanting to post about this wonderful Quilt of Valor for quite awhile now, and here it is!

Patriotic Snowball Quilt of Valor
'Miss Betty' and I knew immediately that we would McTavish those nice, luscious borders, we'd outline those Red and Blue stars in the white sashing area then do 'something' to help make those stars Pop!  We weren't exactly sure what to do with the snowballs, sashings and cornerstones but we figured that out:

McTavished border w/Superior's So Fine Hot Chillies


McTavishing in borders, outline and stipple quilting to help those Stars POP
Again we turned to Dave Hudson's Random Stars Panto - I know, I know, but hey...we're 'exhausting' ourselves on the Random Stars, OK?! ;-)

Dave Hudson's Random Stars Panto w/McTavishing


Look who had to come and save the Quilting Day - Miss Betty I
Betcha haven't seen this too often - TWO quilting machines on the frame at the SAME Time:

HQ 16 in front, HQ Avante in back
Miss Betty II started breaking needles and just developed ALL kinds of attitude on the final stippling of this Quilt of Valor.  Since I had promised to have it all quilted by our East Central IL QOV Sew-IN last Thursday, I had to finish.  Can anyone say, "He-e-elp!"

Miss Betty I to the rescue - and she quilted like the 'champ' she's ALWAYS been - gotta love her ;-)

Miss Betty II/left and Miss Betty I/right
When I phoned Bernice to let her know her wonderful Quilt Of Valor was all finished, she generously offered to let it join some of the QOVs we will be awarding at our local VA in December...Thank YOU, Bernice!

And it's snowing outside - time to piece another top for 'one' of the Miss Betty's to quilt...

Later,
~Deb

2 comments:

  1. Look great! I love this quilt and your quilting on it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Betty 1 and Miss Betty II, you are one luck girl. Loved the quilting.

    ReplyDelete