Wednesday, August 26, 2020

LOTS of Baby stuff happening along with...;-)

It's been awhile - LOTS going on w/summer, gardening, and preparing for the arrival of our own Li'l Peanut in early September.

After sewing masks in the Spring, moved on to baby stuff and My, Oh My have things changed since I was a new Mama!  And Thank Goodness!!  FUN stuff - including AccuQuilt GO! dies to make burp cloths and bibs (saving the bibs for later ;-)

But first, NO respectable Grammy quilter would be worth her grits without a farm quilt for her grandson, right?

 


And of course, it had to be quilted w/tractor design:



It's all bound, needs a label w/baby name that has yet to be determined - considering using the 'Li'l Peanut' connotation on these first quilt labels.

Receiving blankets, anyone?  We got those, too!  Thanks to one of my vintage Viking sergers, creating these generously sized receiving blankets is a breeze.

Receiving blanket recipe:

  • 1 yard of flannel fabric for good measure
  • round the corners of flannel w/dinner plate (fold fabric in fourths and cut/round corners all at once for time-saving)
  • fuzzy woolly nylon thread for soft finish for baby...and it's durable, can handle LOTS of machine washings!

Viking Serger from the 90s...STILL serging strong!


My favorite 'Goldy Locks' dinner plate to round corners with - NOT too round, NOT too sharp and/or wavy edges but...Just Right!

 

 
Tractors!

 
Farm animals and a barn to put them in


 

And a couple of FUN ones just for me ;-)

You knew we had monkeys on the farm...right?       
 
 

        And what's a good farm pond without frogs?

 

Burp Cloth AccuQuilt GO! die makes cutting super-easy...this is one BIG die!


 

Burp cloths - I like to layer a double-fold cloth diaper with a freshly cut burp cloth from novelty print flannel, serge w/fuzzy woolly nylon for a nice, soft finish for baby... and GO!  Makes them reversible and stretches my flannel fabrics, getting 2 for 1 out of each double layer of flannel.  IF I watch my cuts, I can get four (4) burp cloths out of one yard of flannel when I layer w/double-fold diaper...win/WIN!

Double-folded/sewn cloth diaper on the back of burp cloth - I prefer Gerber/Birds Eye
 

Child-safe novelty print flannel on the front of burp cloth
 

Serged w/fuzzy woolly nylon, ready to launder in time for baby's arrival!

I will be creating the bibs the same way as the burp cloths...easy/peasy!

The flowers are blooming:



And just when I thought I was done making face masks...got an urgent request for two little girls who need them to go to school...time to Sew, Mama SEW!


 

Stay Safe & Healthy EVERYONE - Prayers for those in the path of Tropical Storm Laura.

Later,

~Deb

 

No comments:

Post a Comment