Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Irene's QOV is FINALLY on the frame!

I think Irene and those Quirky Quilters of Michigan were about ready to give up on 'Miss Betty' & I, and honestly, we couldn't really blame them!  We've had this quilt top longer than I care to admit - even spent National Quilts of Valor Sew Day adding multiple borders to it.  But now, it is actually on the frame w/Betty 1!

Irene's QOV getting quilted - for real!
What a neat quilt this one is and a real pleasure to quilt:

SID in the borders, a favorite Star panto in the interior - I'm going for 100 w/this panto,
McTavishing in the outer border and...a 'surprise' in the dark red/gold star border ;-)


UPDATE 3/19/2015: a Jamie Wallen continuous swirl it is for the dark red/gold star border!  I dearly LOVE this quilting design - I must since I've lost count just how many QOVs I've use it in...what's not to LOVE - it's Fast, it's FUN to quilt in, and looks wonderful quilted out...win/Win/WIN...Thanks Jamie for sharing such a wonderful continuous quilting design!

Swirls and star quilting
We're quilting with King Tut Olde Gold solid in the needle, and it's quilting out great!

McTavishing the outer print border
Quilting back
And ALL finished up:

Irene's Quilt of Valor coming off the frame!
Prior to loading and quilting, had just enough time to finish up the borders on another of Doris's QOV quilt tops:

3 exterior white/blue/red borders added to Doris's QOV
Only five (5) more QOV quilt tops left to add borders to, and I'll actually be ALL caught up!

Time to get back to it...
~Deb

2 comments:

  1. Are you adding borders because they weren't big enough when they came to you? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss Katy,
      When it comes to Irene – she is a stellar quilter, to say the least. I got her permission ‘prior’ and no, the quilt was actually a perfect size, I just LOVE McTavish quilting, they know this and allowed my indulgence, since sadly, this is one of the last QOVs I’ll be quilting for them. My QOV SC duties call…;-)

      ~Deb

      Delete