Monday, April 16, 2012

My Blog has been awarded a Liebster Award...WooHoo!

Can you believe it?!  Miss Katie of Katie and Kwilts thought enough of my little blog to award it and me the coveted Liebster Award, what an honor - Thank YOU Katie!!!


Until recently, I had never heard of the Liebster Blog Award, and after receiving it I decided to do a little more research.  The German origin word 'Liebster' means beloved, dearest or favorite and the Liebster Blog Award is bestowed upon exceptional blogs with fewer than 200 followers who deserve to be recognized.  Needless to say, I was left speechless - only for a few moments, mind you ;-), after being notified of this incredible honor...

For those who decide to accept this prestigious award, the Rules are:

1) Post about your win on your blog.

2) Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.

3) Copy and paste the award to your blog.

4) Present the award to 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.

5) Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

The hardest part for me was coming up with ONLY 5 blogs I felt deserved this award.  I spent quite a bit of time agonizing over this.  I read soooo many blogs on a daily basis, even though I may not always comment or post, these bloggers and their blogs have provided untold inspiration, comfort and even a smile when I most needed it.  I hope you all enjoy them half as much as I have, so here you go - my Top 5 Liebster Award Picks are - drum roll Please...

Top 5 Liebster Award Recipients in alphabetical order:
Helen Quilts - Helen's blog is full of fun and lots of great ideas, and she's first to offer a kind word of support during a trying project ;-).  Be sure and 'scroll down' for some of her many nifty photos of cards and things she's come up with recently - really neat!!

Little Jewel Quilts - a scrap quilter at heart, Ellen has done a wonderful job keeping this blog unique and interesting.  Never one to shy away from a challenge, she tackles them head-on with unwavering spirit - my kind of gal!  If you are struggling with a project and can't seem to find the answer, pop over to Ellen's, you might be pleasantly surprised to find just what you may be looking for with a twist ;-).

Made With Love - this up and coming blog is very inspiring, and I love how Rhonda is not afraid to try new things with her quilts and quilting, and her honesty about her abilities and her projects is refreshing.  She's progressed into quite a talented quilter.   I've learned a whole lot from Rhonda and I think anyone could, too ;-).

Polly the Patchworker - Polly's down-to-earth blog is always good for a great big smile with ALL of her wonderful photos of her latest projects, including her amazing family & friends, and she comes up with some incredible quilting shortcuts I've used several times - what a lifesaver...Thank YOU, Polly!

Wraggedy Patches - chock-full of quilts and quilting & crafting ideas, loads of projects w/pictures, and much, much more.  Whenever I get bored or stuck, I pop on over to Candace's blog and my troubles are soon gone - Thanks, Candace!

These bloggers represent some of the very best I read and enjoy most everyday, and I hope you will, too!  Please visit them when you can and Congratulate them on their prestigious Liebster Award - once you see and read what I have, you'll soon agree they each deserve it...;-)

My Best to Each and Everyone,
~Deb

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome - the award is well deserved. I have visited your awardees - WOW, have I ever been missing alot! Guess, I'll be reading a 'few' more blogs each morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to visiting these blogs, As well as yours!

    ReplyDelete