Friday, August 10, 2012

First QFC Veteran's Quilt Finished Up...

Had a fairly productive week this week and enjoyed exploring a new-for-me quilting technique - my version of 'McTavishing' on one of the Quilter's for Comfort quilt tops destined for a very special Veteran:

Labeled and ready to ship

Up close of of some of the 'McTavished' blocks - not too bad for a first effort...

Isn't the embroidery on these blocks fantastic?  I cannot take any credit as this quilt top was sent to me already embroidered and constructed by one of the QFC members, who obviously did an incredible job!

I enjoyed this 'McTavishing technique' so much I even added it to some of the borders!


Ta Da!  I think it turned out pretty good, don't you...;-)?

I will most definitely be utilizing this ingenious McTavishing technique on future quilts - what a fun time I had learning and quilting with it...I highly recommend learning this one!

And now, on to the next one...

Later,
~Deb

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Deb and thank you so much for all you do for Quilters for Comfort. I hope you read the nice feed back we got recently from someone who received a thank you from one of the QFC quilts - it sure warms the heart that yes, we do make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie - that means a bunch coming from one of the Quilter's for Comfort founders who's well known as the 'QFC energizer bunny', who just keeps giving and giving and giving...;-)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete