Thursday, September 27, 2012

QFC Boy's Quilt #1 coming off the frame...

Things have been moving along at a really fast pace!  Not only do I have running water in my Quilting Studio -  YIPPEE! (pics upcoming in another blog), but while the plumbers and electrician have been finishing things up, I stayed busy quilting away on one of the three QFC boy's quilts I need to finish over the next couple of weeks.  The first one we call the 'car quilt', has turned out amazingly well.  Here's close-ups of a few of the 'car blocks':

Isn't this neat how this quilted out?

Alternating quilt blocks w/speeding wheel quilting

Another vintage car block

The back - I am always surprised by how the back turns out

Finished quilt - ready for binding

This is another QFC quilt top designed and created by one of our members and sent to me to quilt.  I am always conscious of why each quilt was created, how it will be used, and certainly want to incorporate those features into the quilt while taking a little creative leeway to allow for some artistic FUN!  I think I was able to accomplish that with this quilt and I will be sorry to see it go, (my family and friends will be, too ;-)  

But, we always knew it was originally designed with the intended in mind and therefore, has a pre-determined destiny that must be fulfilled, which is how it should be.  I feel so very fortunate to be a part of such a generous group which has allowed me to vastly improve my quilting skills far beyond what I ever thought possible just by quilting these incredible quilts.  

If you ever have the opportunity to sharpen your quilting skills by donating a few quilting hours, I hope you will jump at the chance.  You will be so surprised at how much you gain from the total experience - words cannot do justice how impactful this can be.  I will always be grateful for the incredible experience these ladies of QFC have afforded me.

And now, you know what I'm gonna say, right?  Time to get back to it ...;-)

Later,
~Deb    

2 comments:

  1. As always - another gorgeous job! Thanks so much for all you do, so very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Ms. Katie and you are so very Welcome!

    Sorry I'm just now getting back to you - been so busy quilting I somehow failed to notice you'd stopped by. My apologies, didn't mean to ignore you ;-)

    Hope to see you again real soon...
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete