Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Sixth QOV is Officially Completed...!

I am sooo pleased to be able to report that Irene's awesome Quilt of Valor - the 6th and final one, (at least for now ;-), that I received from Clairellen and those Quirky Quilters in Michigan, is quilted and being readied for it's journey back to Irene to receive it's finishing touches - and didn't it quilt out neat?!:

Irene's awesome Quilt of Valor coming off the frame
I just adore this QOV of Irene's and vow to make one myself sometime.  Not sure I'll be able to approach her creativity and originality but, I'm willing to give it my best shot later on this year, when I will have had a bit more time to gather some nifty military fabrics.  In the meantime, just check out her neat fabric choices w/these close-ups:

 Right side of quilt fabric w/quilting
Left side shows the quilting pattern a bit better w/neat fabrics

































I chose to use a very special panto that I don't use very often just because of its intricacies - I have to be on top of my quilting game to pull this panto off without a hitch.  Here's a close-up pic of the gorgeous burgandy red back, which shows the detail much clearer:

Back showing Star Spangled Support panto w/free-hand quilting

The Star Spangled Support pantograph from urbanelementz.com is one of my very favorites for Quilts of Valor quilts but, it's a bit of a challenge to pull off, at least for me.  However, the final result is well worth ALL the efforts expended, especially when Superior's LAVA Diamond Head thread is used in the needle to show it off.   I chose to add a freehand swirl after I concluded the panto because I opted not to 'offset' each panto row on this particular quilt for design aesthetics, and I'm glad I did!

Final views from the front concludes our quilting journey with this wonderful Quilt of Valor:

Quilted front close-up
Completed left side off the frame
The right side

And this now quilted QOV beauty ;-)
It has been a true honor and pleasure to have been included in the 'creative process' of this quilt and especially to be granted the privilege of being the quilter of this extraordinary Quilt of Valor...Thank YOU!

Time to get back to it...
~Deb

The QOV 6:
#1 Paula's Quilt of Valor
#2 Sandra's first Quilt of Valor
#3 Mary Anne's first Quilt of Valor
#4 Mary Anne's second Quilt of Valor
#5 Sandra's second Quilt of Valor
#6 Irene's Quilt of Valor

No comments:

Post a Comment