Friday, January 23, 2015

Quilting Doris's First Quilt of Valor w/Updates

Look what I got to work on yesterday:

Doris's patriotic Quilt of Valor
One of our valued East Central IL QOV members has been creating Quilts of Valor quilt tops at the speed of light!  With 'Miss Betty' down for the count for several weeks, yours truly had gotten so far behind in quilting these beauties, it was time to take action. I chose this particular quilt because Doris has yet to have me quilt just one of her QOVs - now that's just not right!  I hadn't really thought about it until I was trying to make a quilting decision, and when I kept counting ALL these QOVs of Doris's well - the decision was clear, time to quilt at least one Quilt of Valor for Doris!


SIDing this colorful quilt


I've started quilting my version of Jamie Wallen's swirls in the white border, Crazy 8s in the red border and Dave Hudson's Random Stars Panto in the interior of this wonderful patriotic Quilt of Valor.  We're using King Tut's Freedom - which accents this quilt nicely and shows up wonderfully well in the white exterior border.

No sooner did I get everything loaded and start quilting than, you guessed it - Miss Betty II threw another fit!  Time to re-load Miss Betty I, whom I've done very little panto quilting with but, to her credit once again, she performed like the true quilting champ she is!  Had NEVER quilted swirls with her, either, but she pulled that off, too.  I'll take additional photos and updates as the quilting progresses.

UPDATE 2/4/2015 - The Finish:


'Miss Betty I' pulled off those swirls and Crazy 8's just fine ;-)


Doris's First Quilt of Valor finish

For now, still working on a previous QOV, trying to finish up binding, and will begin quilting another neat Quilt of Valor over the weekend.

Time to get back to it!
~Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment