Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I saved the Best for Last...Veteran Quilt #6 - Big 'Ol Beaut...

I lovingly refer to this one as the "Big 'Ol Beaut", and that he is!:

He spans a large part of my 12' frame - almost King Size!
Because yours truly felt he wasn't big enough when I first received him from those very busy QFC ladies, (I sometimes get a little carried away ;-), I added 3 borders, which enlarged him a bunch.  It also gave me ALL kinds of quilting real estate:




Gold ribbon feathers in red border w/LAVA Diamond Head, McTavishing in flag & white borders w/Rainbows Patriotic.

Back showing feathering and McTavishing










Swirls in pinwheels, stripes in rectangles, McTavishing in red background w/Rainbows Patriotic .




LAVA Diamond Head used to McTavish and SID in the Eagle/blue blocks.
I LOVE these horse blocks and the photos just don't do them justice, but I still wanted to include them:
Ruler work, wavy lines & McTavishing quilting

Ruler work from the backside



























I used several rulers throughout this awesome quilt:

Lots of great rulers for ruler work!
QFC SewFest Veteran Quilt #6 Stats:
This "Big 'Ol Beaut", QFC Veteran Quilt #6 is officially done and ready to report for duty:

"Big 'Ol Beaut" coming off the frame
Prior to shipping to final destination

It has truly been an honor for me to quilt ALL 6 of these Veteran quilts, and an experience I won't soon forget...Thank YOU QFC for this amazing opportunity!

~Deb

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love all your ruler work. you put so many different designs in and they all work so well together. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love these row quilts that we do. Each row is so different, yet they seem to all 'fit'! As a quilter, I also like the ability to quilt each row differently. I sometimes get bored with doing the same design over and over.... Thanks so much Deb for your help. It is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete