Monday, September 30, 2013

Last Minute Monday Mash-Up w/Updates...

Have just enough time to get this one in on this last day of September!  What a whirlwind of a weekend - had plenty of those end-of-the-month final details to take care of, like figuring out what borders needed to be added to this SewFest 2013 Veteran's Quilt prior to quilting:

Added 4 exterior borders to this neat 'Gold Star' Veteran's Quilt
...applied bindings to 3 of the QFC quilts I'd already quilted:

Adding binding via machine utilizing an elongated applique stitch
 w/Rainbows Patriotic thread















Stitched down the quilt labels and prepped these quilts for shipping tomorrow
Gently laundered/Bound/Labeled - Ready for shipping!
UPDATE:  these 3 QFC SewFest Veteran's Quilts shipped 10/1/2013 - projected delivery 10/7/2013

Had just enough time to get this stunning Quilt Of Valor loaded:

Halfway through quilting this eye-catching QOV
This latest Quilt of Valor was sent to me by The Quirky Quilters Quilt Guild of Harrisville, MI*.  The creator of this amazing quilt is Peg from Florida - didn't she do a wonderful job?!  My only hope is my quilting will do this incredible quilt justice while honoring the intended - keep your fingers & toes crossed for me! 

*CORRECTION: the Quirky Quilters Guild is located in Oscoda, MI.  My sincere apologies to the Quirky Quilters Guild for my error and a Big Thank YOU to Clairellen for pointing this out to me ;-)

For now, I'm performing my typical SID w/clear mono-poly and Amber Bottom Line in the bobbin to match the gorgeous gold backing.  Once I start the FUN quilting, I'll post more pics - planning on doing some 'flag-waving quilting', along w/Tango quilting in the background, (my version of McTavishing).

Adding wave quilting w/HQ wave ruler
This new HQ wave ruler is really making light work of my wave quilting - notice the needle line-up mark - making it a breeze to position the ruler perfectly each and every time it's moved - genius!

I have some really pretty MasterPiece Indigo Blue and Red Hill for the corresponding blue & red areas, along w/White Bottom Line for these quilting applications, can hardly wait to get to that, probably sometime tomorrow!

Well...so much for those thread ideas, you know how that goes.  We have those initial quilting/thread visions and then when faced w/actual quilting reality, and the original chosen thread colors don't match/are too shiny/not the right weight, etc., we make a few changes.  I am now using So Fine #40 Bush Fire for the red flag stripes to make the waves - it's a wonderful variegated that has the darker hues of reds/burgandys in some of the stripe fabrics:
Wave quilting in the red stripes of this QOV flag quilt














McTavishing/Tango quilting w/LAVA Sandy Beach in white stripes
The red stripes and stars are all 'waved out', the white stripes are half done, and will move on to the blue areas sometime tomorrow ;-)
Blue wavy borders w/Tang Quilting in the backgrounds














Close-up of star/flag stripes quilting















This stunning Quilt of Valor from the Quirky Quilters Guild, located in Oscoda, MI, is officially finished:
QOV coming off the frame
As soon as this Quilt of Valor is all pruned of stray thread tails, will be readied for shipping!

For now - time to get back to it...

Later,
~Deb

3 comments:

  1. Your work is beautiful, Deb. Can't wait to see how you embellish Peg's Quilt of Valor. Quirky Quilters guild is actually located in Oscoda, Mi however I live in Harrisville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! Please extend my apologies to the Quirky Quilter's Guild ;-)

      I will be getting to the FUN quilting later today, can hardly wait! Will hope to have some pics and a post by Friday...

      My Best to You, Peg, and the Quirky Quilters Guild,
      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the QOV quilt completed - you always do such a nice job!

    ReplyDelete