Thursday, December 2, 2021

MORE Bow Ties & Mystery FUN!

 

After a rather looooong sabbatical from the 'Bow Tie' project, decided to get back to it after stumbling across the ice cream bucket FULL of Bow Ties, while conducting the annual Christmas CLEAN.  

Christmas RED seemed appropriate for the re-boot...aren't these too cute!

Christmas RED Bow Ties w/cheddar


Here's the ice cream bucket = 380!  I think I might need 'another' ice cream bucket...;-)
380 Bow Tie blocks so far

When I started this Bonnie Hunter Leaders/Enders Bow Tie project, I decided to use Reproduction jelly roll prints AND I changed up Bonnie's original pattern to be able to accommodate my jelly roll strips.  (ALL the math and other pertinent details are included at the previous blog posting - https://donebybettyboop.blogspot.com/2012/03/bow-ties-can-be-addictive.html)

Reproduction Jelly Roll Strips

 

Now that I've decided to FINISH this project soon - hopefully by the first of the New Year, time to crank things up a bit and get this Bow Tie Party started!

I need 750 total blocks for my finished quilt and I currently have 380, means I need an additional 370 to finish.  I can get five (5) blocks from each jelly roll strip, coupled w/cheddar background fabric, so four (4) strips per day will generate twenty (20) blocks per day...I'm on my way to the Bow Tie FINISH line.

I cut these out today:

Freshly cut/ready to assemble/two different fabric block units in each stack = 80 blocks!

 Time to start sewing:
Chain piecing these Bow Tie units is fairly quick


Five (5) of each fabric design = 10 more Bow Tie blocks!

 

Working on these Bow Ties in between the latest Bonnie Hunter annual Mystery.  First Clue #1 is Done!

Rhododendron Trail Mystery Clue #1

Time for some shut-eye!

Later,
~Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment