Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Rhododendron Trail Mystery Catch-up!

 Hope you ALL had a very Merry Christmas and are eagerly anticipating our Brand NEW Year of 2022!

While waiting for our New Year to arrive, decided to get busy catching up on a few projects, including our annual Bonnie Hunter Mystery - this year's mystery has been named Rhododendron Trail by the creator herself ;-)

During Christmas and all the accompanying festivities, w/prep work and cooking/baking, as usual, fell behind on last week's clue, which btw, was a doozy!  Got it ALL cut out Sunday eve and started sewing prior to Clue #5 being released Monday morning - nothing like a little pressure to get those motivating juices flowing!



Time to start sewing!

Chain piecing the hour glass units of Clue #4


And then there was the pressing of the 'first half' - took almost 2 hours just to press...Oh my.

First 'half' of the hour glass units getting pressed

Finished pressing!

First half of the hour glass units pressed and ready for final assembly


Hour Glass units assembled/pressed...Yes!

 

Honestly, IF I don't see another Hour Glass unit in the near future, I'll be good w/that ;-)

Managed to get Clue #5 cut and assembled w/fabrics I had BUT, ran out and had to order another Pink fat quarter set to be able to finish.  Should arrive by Friday when Clue #6 is released!  NO worries - we've got the weekend...right?

I rummaged through my stash to see if I couldn't find some pinks to finish up with, that could also 'blend' with what I had already used.  And I did find one pink batik that is a nice addition and got used BUT, it wasn't enough.  Used up most of my pink stash last year creating face masks, and Pink is just NOT a fabric color I tend to purchase and/or keep on hand in my stash.  Time to order more of some of my 'original' fabrics - thank goodness The Fat Quarter Lady still had some left...Lucky me!

Sewing the final piece of Clue #5 AND getting a bonus triangle unit for good measure


Most of Clue #5 assembled/pressed and ready to be zip-locked:

3/4 of Clue #5 assembled/pressed and ready for storage

Here's Wishing You and Yours a Happy New Year!

Later, 
~Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment