Monday, February 28, 2022

March Already? ...Good Grief!

Well...almost - skating under the wire on the last day of February!

Just yesterday it was late December and yours truly was catching up on the annual Bonnie Hunter Mystery - Rhodendron Trail!  (I did finish it...btw - just put my personal 'spin' on it ;-)

Speaking of - meet Hello Sunshine!

Hello Sunshine!

A few pics from the clues leading 'up to' the finish:





Clue #6 - love how these pinks play so well w/Sunshine Yellow!







Yep - changed things up a bit in 'my version' - including going scrappy w/pinks, changed out the skinny turquoise border sashing for a Big fat 2 1/2" one, changed out those corner stones to different Sunshine yellows and went totally scrappy w/turquoise fabric sashing!  It's ALL mine and I Totally Love it!  

Kudos to Bonnie for coming up w/gorgeous color palette to play with that I would typically NEVER touch w/quilting 10' pole BUT...so glad I did!

Chaining Hour Glass units ...LOTS of them!



Assembling into blocks


Butterfly Blocks - aren't these amazing!

Oh yeah - almost forgot...chose to forego the 'on point' setting so we could enjoy ALL those gorgeous butterfly blocks...still dream about sewing them ;-)

Sashed out - ready for some flying geese,
which will ALL fly the same direction on 'my quilt' ;-)

And finally - added a gorgeous batik border straight from my stash...LOVE!

Bordered out - ready for quilting!


Been hosting a Sweet Freedom Mystery or two myself...Stop by and see what we're up to when you get a chance - look forward to seeing You!  https://sweetfreedommystery.blogspot.com/

Later,
~Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment