Sunday, August 18, 2013

Time out for some McTavishing...!

McTavishing quilting is one of my very favorite types of quilting, or what I like to call Tango Quilting - my version of McTavishing.  I find myself turning to this type of quilting again and again for a great stress-buster.  Here's one of the latest results of a recent 'stress busting' session:

SID and McTavish quilting using clear mono-poly to enhance this stunning embroidered Eagle block

Beautiful paper pieced star block accented w/McTavishing





This quilt is a recent QFC SewFest quilt top sent to me by those incredible ladies over at Quilters for Comfort.  I featured this and several other quilts on a recent blog posting HERE and another HERE, where I added some exterior borders to some of these already gorgeous quilt tops!




Both Eagle blocks outline quilted w/clear mono-poly as well as to McTavish quilt their backgrounds














Rainbows Patriotic thread used to McTavish the red and blue patriotic borders





And for now, time to get back to it and finish up...

Later,
~Deb

1 comment:

  1. This was such a nice quilt - you took it to spectacular!

    ReplyDelete