Tuesday, June 12, 2018

EQ8 Chicago Star Block Challenge

Jenny of EQ recently posted a June EQ8 Block Spotlight Challenge featuring the Chicago Star.  Being a native Illinoisan, I couldn't resist this challenge and designed not one but two quilts with this block, and I can see endless possibilities w/various colorways and block setting options, I really like this Star block!

This is my second attempt:

Chicago Star - recolored
This is the Chicago Star block I used:

Chicago Star block w/HSTs in corner stones


My first attempt was posted on our sister blog over at East Central IL QOV, but we'll give you a sneak peak:


Chicago Star - Traditional setting

This was a lot of FUN and something I will definitely continue to explore and challenge myself to explore and expand my quilt design capabilities...Thanks, Jenny! 

I have had previous versions of Electric Quilt - EQ8 is by far my very favorite!  In the short time I've had it, I've already designed more quilts in less time than I did w/previous versions combined!!

Back to exploring alternate design possibilities w/Chicago Star...;-)

Later,
~Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment