Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Midnight Flight Continues to Elude and Challenge! w/Updates

Don't know WHY I continue to make things as difficult and challenging as I possibly can with Bonnie Hunter's stunning Midnight Flight! (From her latest book, More Adventures with Leaders and Enders.)

First, miscalculated and only cut enough Magic 8 squares to make half  the HSTs that were originally called for in this quilt for each quilt block.  Then, I made another goof with the four patches.  Notice anything strange in this photo?

Elongated 4-patches, anyone?
Geez - this is what I get for trying to cut/sew a quilt - ANY quilt, with multiple units while on cold/flu meds...that's my story and I'm stickin' with it!

Time to cut these red/white 4-patches down to size:

Trimming ALL the red/white four patches down to their correct size
This is more like it!

Right size 4-patch
The red/white 4-patches are ALL trimmed:

ALL red 4-patches trimmed - check!
UPDATE 11/21/2015:

Now, ALL the cheddar/white and the red/white are all trimmed and ready to be sewn into blocks. Yes indeedy, I'm consistent IF nothing else!  Elongated the cheddar/white 4-patches, too:

the reds and the cheddars ALL trimmed!
OK, that was definitely another learning experience ;-)

I was determined to finish this quilt in time to start Bonnie's annual Mystery Quilt that begins on Black Friday. This year it's Allietare!  At this rate, I'll be lucky to have it completed by next year's Mystery!

I need a stress-buster - time for some 'quality quilting time' w/Miss Betty!

Later,
~Deb

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon! I've just been through the whole cold/sinus mess. I didn't sew much at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Katy - I wish the same for you, too!

      I probably would've been better off IF I hadn't tried to sew but, unfortunately cold meds make me hyper and so, can't sleep. It gets to be a choice of not being able to breathe/not sleep OR can breathe, just can't sleep. You guessed it, I chose breathing/NOT blowing coupled w/NO sleep...

      Hope you get back into your quilting studio soon - I enjoy ALL your quilty goodness ;-)
      ~Deb

      Delete